The Value of Insulation
Properly installed mechanical insulation provides long-term energy efficiency, emission reduction, cost savings and safety benefits, according to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE)
The ASHRAE has stated that insulation:
- Reduces the number of tons of greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere!
- Prevents loss of energy!
- Controls condensation!
- Protects occupant safety and public health wellness!
- Regulates surface temperature!
Learn More – Read the Facts about Insulation's Many Benefits
In fact, the National Insulation Association, the approximately 350-member trade association representing the mechanical and specialty insulation industry since 1953, estimates that maintenance of insulation at industrial facilities alone:
- Generate more than $3.6 billion in energy savings per year, and
- Reduces 83 billion pounds of carbon dioxide.
With new construction, a properly designed and installed insulation system provides an excellent return on investment and quick payback through cost savings.
With insulation's energy-saving qualities, a properly designed and installed insulation system immediately reduces the need for energy and results in significant savings.